It's that time of year again. You know, the one where love just oozes from our pores. Ok that doesn't sound highly romantic, does it?
A lot of people don't like Valentine's Day. That's fine. I can respect that, but I happen to be one who loves the declarations of love, the candy being given, the pink and red decorations, and cards being exchanged. Yes, we should love our signficant other all 364 other days a year, but life moves at such a fast pace that it's easy to forget to cherish your mate when you're going through the motions of every day life. Having a special day set aside just for this purpose suits me fine!
No tokens of affection are a must, but they are appreciated lol. I have the most beautiful arrangement of flowers sitting behind me from my Valentine. He knows that they mean more to me than anything else he could have gotten. I adore flowers. Small, large, from the yard, from a florist..it makes no difference to me. They make me smile everytime I walk by their showplace on the dining room table. When we were first dating it was long distance. Every Friday he would show up with a bouquet of flowers. Every. Single. Friday. I loved seeing and smelling them and knowing that he was thinking of me even when I wasn't around. They were treasured all week long until the next bouquet came. Being the sappy kind of person that I am, I kept all the petals. Then we used them as the petals my niece dropped on our wedding day and there's a small bag of them in my wedding keepsake box to show the girls one day.
Well that's enough strolling down memory lane for now. Whether you're feeling the holiday ir not, I think we can all agree to remind the loves in our lives just how special they are to us..not just today, but every day!
That's sweet. I really didn't know that about the flowers, or I had forgotten. So awesome. I love them too.
ReplyDeleteHe started it at the end of our senior year and then picked it up again the semester I was at CBC. I was always surprised and excited, even though I'm sure I knew they were coming. Young love ahh!
ReplyDelete